Monday, February 15, 2010

my Soccer Experience Blog

Hi everyone,

Thought I would start a blog about my youth soccer experience as a parent of three talented players, coaching director of Soccer Dynamics and coach of two youth Academy teams. 

We will start with last nights game. I play on a coed indoor team with my two daughters, age 14 and 17. Although we play in the 3rd division, we play against adults young and old, current and former college players, as well as some very athletic but somewhat inexperienced players. 

Our team consists of four dads and their kids, and a few friends and relatives. Nothing brings me more joy than watching my kids play. We have been chasing their games around Atlanta, most of Georgia and a lot of the southeast for the past 12 years.

But actually playing with them is special. Last night we beat Los Pitufos 18-2, they were very good but had to play short handed because no girls showed up. You must reserve two spots for girls at all times. On an even playing field we may be in trouble.

Scoring is still as fun as ever, and I can shoot way better now than I could as a young adult. Teaching helps improve technique, and proper technique makes all the difference.

Till next time
www.soccerdynamo.net


No comments:

Post a Comment